Thursday, December 15, 2011

Part Two: 15 Minutes of Faye

Part 2: 15 Minutes of Faye

I had to leave Territory to jump on another feature, this one in Bradenton, Florida directed by my good friend Josh Ingle.  Yes, I was leaving a job as a sound mixer to be a cook, but I like cooking and Josh is a good friend of mine. Also it meant a paid trip home where I could see my family on the days off.  It was a super fun shoot with old friends, cool days off at the movie theater AND I got to start up the Insanity program again to continue my goal of getting in epic shape.  My usual routine was to wake up and make breakfast for the cast and crew.  Then I would prepare the 2nd meal, do a round of Insanity, then I would go for a run with the producer, Addison Bryan. I would put the meal into the oven, take a shower and then drive the meal to set.  I'd come back, prepare third meal, clean up the leftover mess and then sit back and play some Bioshock 2 or Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Great days- I had a blast on this shoot.

Here is a list of the great tweets from set.  Prepare yourself, I tweeted the hell out of this adventure:
-"I want escargo on set." "Well fuck you."

-Walmart sells dentist scrubs but not beanies.

- My new living arrangement for the shoot has family photos in it. I feel like a squatter.

- Lead actor here has gotten into a pillow fight with Justin Beiber and a towel war with Miley Cyrus.
  (One of our lead actors worked at a Bed Bath and Beyond in LA)
- Also apparently it takes Kel Mitchell three hours to choose curtains at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

- Conversation just went from Inside Job to gonorrhea to CatDog.

- I just cooked a double batch of pasta in half the time on medium. This stove is powered by Satan.

- Walmart doesn't carry cilantro?


- My homemade salsa is a success.
 
- A Walmart Supercenter across the street from a Sam's Club.
 
- Watching The Room... Again


- Spent lunch on set discussing the nature of art. "What is art? What is good art?"

- The 80's station is playing "Would I Lie to You (1985). We switch to the 90's station and we get "Would I Lie to You?" (1992)

- 3AM shopping at Walmart in Bradenton. I feel and might possibly be the only customer in the store right now.

- Telling boogeyman stories from the shoot over third meal.

- You wake up at 3pm and say good morning to people? You have fully switched over to nocturnal morning.

- Discussing the artistic integrity of Lady Gaga over third meal. I love film sets!  

- Add beer, wine, ramen, and ice cream sandwiches now. Wait, when did this set become a college party?

- Empty beer cans, dirty wine glasses... Money in the fridge? Did I get sucked into The Hangover?

-"I'm gonna blast you like a whore." -Our gaffer Zac  

- "When you die in Naples, you die in real life."

- Theory presented on set: It is impossible to NOT like Queen. So is anyone out there who can disprove this?  


- I am being moved again. Le sigh.

- Locked out of Wal-Mart because they lost power and apparently have no backup.  

- Throwing free condoms around like ninja stars at third meal.  

-Had to toss a whole new bag of sugar cause of ants.  

- Illegal parking a moving van, Led Zeppelin, actors answering the door in nothing but towels...  

- Traveling down I-75 in the back of a U-Haul moving van.  

- The Change-Up and then Captain America.  

- I was just described as a "worldly man". What an awesome compliment!

-"Eating at Waffle House is like listening to Ke$ha. You end up greasy, gross and have a whole bunch of nasty in you." -Kyle Shelton



Up next, Part 3: Back to USC and For Closure
 

No comments: